The Church of St. Roko

At the intersection of the roads near the villages of Gornji Biskupovići and Laušići there is the church of St. Roko, around which the cemetery is located. It was built at the end of the 18th century, more precisely in 1794, as it is written in Bosnian Cyrillic on the lintel of the main entrance door. The Church is of the proper orientation, is of single-nave structure, of rectangular plan with a rectangular apse, with a bell cote above the facade with the stylistic features of the late baroque of local significance. According to the way of construction, it is evident that the church has been raised and expanded several times in the past. The earliest stage of the construction is recognized by the use of rough and irregularly carved stone, dating back to the 18th century. Until the last extension of the church came in 1991, when the church on the facade extends from 9.5 m to the total length of 14.5 m, and spreads from 5.5 to 7 m. The original lintel of the front door is retained, with a visible inscription engraved in Bosnian Cyrillic. The original six-pointed rosette, as well as the bell cote, was now elevated for one floor and the bell tower received two more bells. Decorated with vegetative motifs, flowers and stylized leaves in shallow relief. The side walls of the church are divided by five small rectangular shaped windows. On the south wall is the side entrance door. The double roof of the church is covered with an extruded roofing tile. Location: Kreševo Classification: sacral architectural heritage Time of origin: 18th century Cultural good mark: P-5307 Type: immobile cultural good – individually Legal status: preventively protected cultural good